Dental prophylaxis represents the daily dental hygiene completed by professional dental cleaning every six months.
There are 2 types of hygiene
- the PERSONAL that is represented by the dental brush complemented by the additional hygienic means and the satiated nutrition
- the PROFESSIONAL one made twice a year and which consists of: ultrasonic detarttraj, air flow, professional brushing
What additional means of hygiene we recommend
- DENTAL FLOSS that is found in pharmacies, a hypermarket is recommended to use it once a day, helps remove bacterial plaque from hard-to-reach areas, reducing by 80% the appearance of caries
- MOUTHWASH prevents the development of microbes in the mouth and complements dental brushing
- MOUTH SHOWER is a device that projects a high water jet to clean the hard-to-reach areas with a regressive pressure and also performs a gingival massage
Professional dental bleaching
Most of the times professional dental cleaning cannot remove intrinsic and extrinsic pigments (coffee, tabacco, tea, red vine) and does not give teeth the desired white color, which can only be obtained with the help of professional whitening procedures.
We must mention that before having a professional whitening one must have a professional teeth cleaning.
Why we recommend professional cleaning every six months?
The bacterial plaque is deposited continuously, especially whith a poor broushing, In six months, plaque grows in height ans thickness, after six months it begins to harden and then it starts to exercise its mechanical action leading to gingival and bone retraction, which lay the foundation of periodontal disease.